Good digestive health is the ability to process nutrients through properly functioning gastrointestinal organs, including the stomach, intestine, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. When these organs do not function properly, patients can have confidence in the expertise at Astria Health. Symptoms of gastrointestinal issues include stomach pain, diarrhea, heartburn (from mild to severe) that can disrupt your quality of life.
We offer the latest diagnostic techniques, including imaging technology and a range of endoscopic procedures. Our gastroenterologists provide the latest treatment options to deliver quality care for a wide range of digestive disorders.
We see patients including new patients, for consultations, procedure follow-up appointments, recent hospitalization follow-up, or for new symptoms or a change in symptoms.
Astria Health's gastroenterology services also include office treatments and procedures for digestive, stomach, esophagus and colon-related illnesses. Patients may be referred by their own physician or call us directly for most appointments.
Common symptoms and disorders we treat include:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Swallowing difficulty
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Unexplained weight loss
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Barrett's esophagus
Treatments and procedures include:
- Colonoscopy:In addition to screening for colorectal cancer and removal of polyps, this includes identifying bleeding sites, ablation of bleeding sites, evaluating for causes of diarrhea or change in bowel habits, checking abnormal findings on other diagnostic tests and obtaining tissue samples.
- Upper endoscopy (EGD): Used to diagnose and treat upper intestinal tract diseases, including disorders that cause difficulty swallowing and cause upper intestinal tract bleeding.
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placements (PEGs) to allow feeding of patients who are unable to maintain adequate nutritional intake.
- Management of liver diseases, including hepatitis C.