Family members and friends are encouraged to visit loved ones during their hospital stay. Visiting hours vary in each department, so we encourage you to check with admission or the main desk prior to visiting to make sure your visit occurs at the most appropriate time.
- You (or your support person) have the right, subject to your consent, to receive the visitors whom you designate. You also have the right to withdraw or deny consent at any time.
- Each facility shall not limit, restrict or deny visitation privileges.
- Each facility does have the right to restrict patient visitation when necessary for clinical or patient treatment reasons. The staff shall inform you (or your support person) of any clinically necessary restrictions or limitation on visitation rights as soon as they are identified.
- Each facility will ensure that all visitors designated by you (or support person) enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with your preferences.
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in an Astria Health hospital. Designated smoking areas are located outside the hospitals.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noises.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.