Our goal is to provide patients with high-quality care and the best possible hospital experience, from registration through discharge. We know that understanding billing, insurance and medical records may seem overwhelming at times. To make this process more transparent and help patients understand their personal out-of-pocket responsibility, the hospital will make available price quotes in advance of services being provided and in compliance with federal law.*
Our financial counselors welcome questions and are available to provide assistance. To obtain a price quote, please contact the Patient Financial Services Department at the hospital, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. So that estimates are as accurate as possible, please provide:
- Detailed description of the test(s)/procedure(s) being ordered by the doctor.
- Doctor's name and office phone number.
- Insurance information (if any), including insurance company name and phone number, policyholder name, policy number and group number located on the insurance card.
The hospital estimate will provide the patient/consumer with the following:
- The estimated financial responsibility for the procedure/services based on the average charge for the procedure/services.
- Patients with health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital based on the deductible, co-pay or co-insurance amounts established by their health insurance plan.
- Patients who do not have health insurance will be quoted an estimated amount that will be due to the hospital and will include an uninsured discount. Counselors are also available to discuss with patients their eligibility for certain programs like Medicaid.
The Medicaid Eligibility Financial Counselor is available to help patients apply for Medicaid. The Charity Financial Counselor assists patients with the completion of the Charity application. Patients that do not meet the Federal Guidelines for Medicaid or Charity are welcome to apply for our patient finance program that is specifically designed to address the needs and complexities of patient pay responsibility. We are here to help simplify the financial aspect of hospital visits and help patients navigate the difficulties of out-of-pocket healthcare expenses.
*Affordable Care Act, Section 2718(e) of the Public Service Act
Astria Health Hospitals' standard charges and chargemasters can be found on the hospitals' individual location pages
The estimates we provide are for care without complications. Actual charges may be different for specific patients due to medical condition, length of time spent in surgery or recovery, necessary specific equipment, supplies or medication, complications requiring unanticipated procedures or other treatment ordered by the physician. When comparing charges with other hospitals or provider practices, it is important to understand that their charges may or may not include both the hospital charges and the charges for services provided by doctors or other providers. This information is not a quote or a guarantee of what the charges will be for a specific patient’s care. This charge information does not include the professional services provided by a physician, surgeon, radiologist, anesthesiologist, pathologist, advanced practice nurse or other independent practitioners.