We feel it is important that you are aware of our current hospital patient policies. Below you will find a list of our most up-to-date policies of public interest. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us or bring your questions with you when you are admitted.
It is Astria Health's admission policy that the hospital shall accept all patients for care and treatment except those patients who cannot be properly cared for by the facilities of this hospital. Discrimination of any kind is prohibited, and all patients will be made aware of the Patient Rights and Responsibilities and the Notice of Privacy Practices. These are available for all patients admitted to any Astria Health facility.
End-of-Life Care Policy
Washington law recognizes certain rights and responsibilities of qualified patients and healthcare providers under the Death with Dignity Act. Under Washington law, a healthcare provider, including Astria Sunnyside Hospital, is not required to assist a qualified patient in ending that patient's life. Astria Sunnyside Hospital has chosen not to participate under the Death with Dignity Act. Our goal is to help patients make informed decisions about end-of-life care, and we have an obligation to openly discuss patients' anxieties, unmet needs, feelings and desires about the dying process. We also facilitate providing patients with outside resources and available options including, but not limited to, comfort care, palliative care, hospice care and pain control.
- Advance Directives
- Las Directivas Anticipadas
- Advance Directives policies for Astria Regional Medical Center
- Advance Directives policies for Astria Sunnyside Hospital
- Advance Directives policies for Astria Toppenish Hospital
Astria Health is committed to serve the medical needs of all persons regardless of their ability to pay. In situations where the cost of care is not covered by insurance, it is our policy to assist individuals in applying for financial assistance in a manner that demonstrates the individual dignity and worth of the person.
- Charity policy for Astria Regional Medical Center
- Charity care application for Astria Regional Medical Center
- Charity care application for Astria Regional Medical Center - Spanish
- Charity policy for Astria Sunnyside Hospital
- Charity care application for Astria Sunnyside Hospital
- Charity policy for Astria Toppenish Hospital
- Charity care application for Astria Toppenish Hospital
- Charity care application for Astria Toppenish Hospital - Spanish
Reproductive Health Policy
- Care of the Pregnant Trauma Patient policy for Astria Regional Medical Center
- Management of Pregnant Patients in the Emergency Department for Astria Regional Medical Center
- Reproductive Health for Astria Sunnyside Hospital
- Admission Guidelines Family Maternity Center for Astria Toppenish Hospital
- Sexual Assault Exam Protocol for Astria Toppenish Hospital
Astria Health complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.