Astria Health offers central Washington's only open-heart surgery program. Members of the Astria Heart Institute, our award-winning cardiothoracic surgeons have the expertise and experience to treat even the most complex cardiac conditions. The Astria Heart Institute offers patients world-class technology in the convenience and comfort of a single-stay unit. Fully equipped smart operating rooms provide surgeons with the tools they need to create the best patient outcomes. We offer the latest surgical options to treat cardiovascular disease, including:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Congenital heart disease repair
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Cardiac arrhythmia surgeries, including defibrillator and pacemaker implantation
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Minimally invasive vein harvesting
Astria Heart Institute's vascular medicine team has the expertise to provide a full spectrum of care, including:
- Advanced diagnostic technology: Heart and vascular specialists utilize advanced imaging technology such as computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), or a minimally invasive peripheral angiogram to evaluate and diagnose vascular disease.
- Risk-factor management: Diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and unhealthful habits such as a sedentary lifestyle, smoking and improper diet can contribute to vascular disease. Astria Heart Institute offers educational and preventive-screening services to help promote healthful practices that contribute to heart and vascular health. A multidisciplinary team can provide a treatment program to manage risk factors to minimize the risk of developing or aggravating vascular disease.
- Peripheral interventions: Minimally invasive catheter-assisted techniques such as angiogram, angioplasty, atherectomy and stent placement can be used to remove plaque and reopen blocked arteries. Vascular specialists use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible.