A new day has dawned over the Yakima Valley—a day where heart patients from Ellensburg to Tri-Cities can receive lifesaving cardiac care closer to home at the Astria Heart Institute.
Whether you have a pre-existing heart condition, a new problem, or a cardiac emergency, you don't need to drive far to receive the best possible care from top cardiologists, cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons, and vascular surgeon who have access to the latest treatments and technologies.
At Astria Health, a multidisciplinary team of cardiologists, doctors trained in heart surgery (Cardiothoracic surgeons), and vascular surgeons collaborate to evaluate you and provide the most appropriate treatment for your condition. Having all this expertise in a single place means that your care is discussed among the team, test results are available more quickly, appointments are scheduled in coordination, and the most highly specialized heart experts are all working together for your health.
The Astria Heart Institute
All of our cardiologists are board-certified and educated at the top universities in the nation. They are experts in managing all stages of cardiac care, including diagnosing, offering surgical and nonsurgical treatment, implanting and managing cardiac technology devices, and providing ongoing care.
We value patient interaction and offer individualized care. When you come in for an appointment, you'll see your cardiologist in person and have a chance to ask questions and talk about your needs and concerns. This personal, individualized approach to care is important to each of our cardiologists.
Astria Health offers central Washington's only open-heart surgery program. Members of the Astria Heart Institute, our award-winning cardiothoracic surgeons have the expertise and experience to treat even the most complex cardiac conditions. The Astria Heart Institute offers patients world-class technology in the convenience and comfort of a single-stay unit. Fully equipped smart operating rooms provide surgeons with the tools they need to create the best patient outcomes. We offer the latest surgical options to treat cardiovascular disease, including:
- Aortic aneurysm surgery
- Congenital heart disease repair
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Cardiac arrhythmia surgeries, including defibrillator and pacemaker implantation
- Heart valve repair and replacement
- Minimally invasive vein harvesting
Astria Heart Institute's vascular medicine team has the expertise to provide a full spectrum of care, including:
- Advanced diagnostic technology: Heart and vascular specialists utilize advanced imaging technology such as computed tomography angiography (CTA) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA), or a minimally invasive peripheral angiogram to evaluate and diagnose vascular disease.
- Risk-factor management: Diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity and unhealthful habits such as a sedentary lifestyle, smoking and improper diet can contribute to vascular disease. Astria Heart Institute offers educational and preventive-screening services to help promote healthful practices that contribute to heart and vascular health. A multidisciplinary team can provide a treatment program to manage risk factors to minimize the risk of developing or aggravating vascular disease.
- Peripheral interventions: Minimally invasive catheter-assisted techniques such as angiogram, angioplasty, atherectomy and stent placement can be used to remove plaque and reopen blocked arteries. Vascular specialists use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible.
A Team of Support Specialists
Though your cardiologist will be at the center of your heart team, you'll also be able to receive care from an array of specialists. For example, your cardiologist may connect you with our cardiac rehabilitation specialists who can help you regain your quality of life and take steps to prevent future cardiac disease.
The Only Open Heart Surgery Program in Central Washington
Astria Regional Medical Center is the only hospital in Central Washington to perform open heart surgery including coronary artery bypass surgery, valve replacement and more.
Chest Pain Accredited
Astria Regional Medical Center is Chest Pain accredited by the American College of Cardiology. From the moment you enter our hospital our highly trained and experienced team is here to ensure you receive the highest level of care as recognized by the American College of Cardiology.
When you choose Astria Health, all of these services are seamlessly connected and available close to home.