Wound Care Center
Wounds that don't get better with time or recur may require the expertise of wound care specialists.
At the Wound Care Center at Astria Sunnyside Hospital, our highly-trained staff provides expert care using state-of-the-art technology for severe or chronic wounds.
Our wound care specialists include a board-certified plastic surgeon, board-certified general surgeon and specially-trained nurses and therapists.
Our team can provide expert treatment for a wide range of wounds, including:
- Diabetic wounds, such as diabetic leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Venous insufficiency ulcers (due to leg vein problems and abnormal circulation)
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Wound Care Center also offers some of the most advanced wound care technology available, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).
We are the only wound care center in the lower Yakima Valley that offers this state-of-the-art therapy.
During HBOT treatments, wound care patients receive 100% oxygen while resting comfortably in a pressurized chamber. This therapy delivers greater amounts of oxygen to the body's tissue via both the circulation system and the tissue, which promotes healing.
Many wound care patients benefit from HBOT therapy, including those who need treatment for:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Chronic osteomyelitis (bone infections) that haven't improved with other treatments
- Skin grafts and flaps at risk of failing
- Radiation injury after cancer treatment
- Sudden, unexplained sensorineural hearing loss