If an injury has you sidelined or playing with pain, it's time to team up with the specialists at Astria Health. They help athletes of all ages and abilities recover from sports-related setbacks, and maximize strength and mobility. With a wide range of surgical and non-surgical solutions, we'll help you return to form as quickly and safely as possible.
Comprehensive Care for All Athletic Injuries
Caring for an injured athlete is more than just applying a brace. Working closely with rehabilitation specialists and experienced athletic trainers, the independent sports medicine physicians on the medical staff provide advanced diagnosis and treatment for a variety of injuries, including the following:
- Acute sports injuries: from common sprains, strains and dislocations, to more serious conditions like anterior cruciate ligament and rotator cuff tears, and complex fractures.
- Overuse sports injuries: treatment for tennis elbow, stress fractures, shin splints, muscle strains and tendinitis.
- Astym treatment: a specialized soft tissue technique used post sprains and strains
- Reinjury prevention: extensive education, training and strategies to improve body mechanics and muscular balance.
- Chronic condition support: exercise prescriptions for asthma, diabetes, obesity and more.
- Concussion evaluation and care: assessing symptoms, monitoring your recovery and ensuring a safe return to play. The Physical Therapy department at Astria Sunnyside Hospital utilizes Virtual Reality and Impact Testing—the only FDA certified computerized concussion testing.
- Family fitness counseling: including sports physicals and prenatal activity programs. If your child is due for a sports physical, visit us at one of our Astria Health Centers nearest you. Sports physicals are available for $10 at some of our locations, click here to view a full list of locations offering $10 Sports Physicals.
- Specialized care for female athletes: preventing musculoskeletal issues for women, like increased risk for ACL injury.
- Sports nutritional and supplement guidance: optimizing your fuel intake and promoting safe dietary decisions.
Reclaim Your Game. See a Sports Medicine Specialist Near You.
We offer comprehensive sports medicine solutions to the Yakima and Kittitas County communities.