Inpatient Rehab Unit
If you or someone you love has been referred for rehabilitation, our expert staff is ready to help with the recovery journey. We've been helping patients reach their full potential through comprehensive therapies, as well as medical and nursing care, for 35 years.
Our comprehensive rehabilitation team treats patients with stroke, brain injury, neuropathy and myopathy, cardiac disorders, multiple trauma, amputations and many other complex medical conditions.
In 2017 our rehabilitation program served 206 patients who were recovering from, or coping with various medical issues.
- Brain injuries
- Neuropathy and myopathy
- Spinal cord injuries
- Multiple trauma injuries
- Cardiac disorders
- Hip fractures / other orthopedic conditions
- Neurological disorders
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Complex medical conditions
We are accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International, an organization which set strict standards for rehabilitation units. Additionally, our Level II trauma Designation from Department of Health allows us to care for critically-injured patients.
Taking care of rehabilitation patients in our 15-bed accredited inpatient rehabilitation center is our top priority.
Our unit has also been granted a Level II Trauma Designation by the State of Washington, which allows us to accept critically injured patients.
A Unique Setting
We offer the only acute-care inpatient rehabilitation program in Central Washington—which means we are located within a comprehensive healthcare facility. Our location within Astria Regional Medical Center offers patients convenient access to medical and clinical resources, including laboratory, pharmacy, and X-ray services.
We are located on the third floor of Astria Regional Medical Center with 15 private rooms and two rooms that can either be private or shared.
Comprehensive Care Focused On Patient Progress
Our goal is to help each individual regain as much of their normal functioning and movement as possible. A multi-disciplinary team of skilled and experienced professionals works with each patient to develop an individualized plan of care, and then meets weekly to review progress.
Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Close medical supervision by a physician with specialized training and experience in rehabilitation medicine.
- A minimum of three hours of intensive therapy a day/five days a week, or 15 hours of therapy within a seven-day time frame. This includes physical, occupational and speech therapies.
- 24-hour rehabilitation nursing.
- Nutritional services, respiratory care, renal dialysis and wound care.
- Psychology, neuropsychology and psychiatry.
- Family and caregiver training to provide assistance after discharge.
- Needs assessment for orthotics, prosthetics and medical equipment and supplies, plus assistance acquiring what is needed.
- Social services—including case management and discharge planning and placement.