Nerves make up one of the body's most complex systems, and Astria Regional Medical Center provides an advanced multidisciplinary team approach to deliver high-quality care. Nerve disorders can be caused by conditions such as tumors; illnesses; diseases or injuries; or exposure to cold, radiation or toxins.
Astria Regional Medical Center's highly specialized doctors have the expertise and advanced technology to diagnose and treat a wide range of nerve conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral and autonomic nerve disorders
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
Treatment for Nerve Conditions
Astria Regional Medical Center's care team includes specialists from a range of disciplines to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care. Neurologists, physiatrists and other specialized clinicians utilize a variety of treatments to manage nerve conditions.
Multidisciplinary approaches include:
- Closer management of underlying conditions that cause the nerve condition, such as diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune disorders or other conditions
- Complementary techniques such as biofeedback, acupuncture and relaxation
- Electrical nerve-stimulation techniques
- Lifestyle changes such as dietary modifications, stress management or modification of activities
- Medications to relieve pain and address other symptoms
- Physical aids such as ergonomically designed chairs, keyboards and other equipment to reduce nerve pressure