If you or a loved one has cancer, there's no need to leave the Yakima Valley or the Sunnyside area for expert care. At Astria Sunnyside Hospital, our experienced cancer specialists provide highly advanced oncology and hematology services along with support for your emotional and spiritual needs.
Cancer Treatment Close to Home
We offer the same services you might expect to find at a large cancer hospital, but right here in Sunnyside.
Our cancer services include:
- Cancer diagnosis, imaging, and genetic testing. Our experts use top-of-the-line medical imaging equipment to diagnose cancer and create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs. Genetic testing can help you understand your risk for inherited cancer. Our team can provide testing and help you understand the results—and what, if any, steps you should take as a result.
- Solid malignancies. Breast cancer, colon cancer, kidney cancer, gastrointestinal cancers, among others
- Blood malignancies. Leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma.
- Other blood disorders. Anemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, coagulation disorders.
- Second opinions about a cancer diagnosis or treatment plan. Cancer is a complex disease, and it makes sense to get a second opinion before moving forward with treatment. Our team can help. We offer a second opinion, and no referral is required for this service.
- A cancer support group and family counseling. Our cancer support group is for people with cancer, their family members and their caregivers. This group meets every third Monday at 6 pm at 906 E Edison Ave in Sunnyside. The group offers a safe, private space to share stories, provide encouragement and receive support from others who've been there.
Our Cancer Doctor and Team
The team at the Cancer Center at Astria Sunnyside Hospital is led by Dr. Danko Martincic, Board Certified Oncologists. Dr. Danko joins us from Spokane is among the best oncologists in central Washington. We're fortunate that this top cancer doctor believes that rural areas, like ours, deserve the very best in healthcare.
The team also includes registered nurses (RNs)—who have had special training in cancer care—and other specialists, such as interventional radiologists who can help with image-guided cancer diagnosis and treatments and general surgeons experience in oncology surgery.
While all our team members are highly skilled at treating cancer, they're also focused on making sure every patient's and family's emotional and spiritual needs are cared for as well.