We are committed to understanding the needs of our patients and their families, and we strive to offer the therapies that can help our patients to achieve their goals. Hearing and speech services are offer both in Yakima and in Sunnysidel.
The Astria Hearing and Speech Center has served Yakima and Yakima Valley communities since 1971. The staff consists of speech language pathologists, four audiologists and two educators, and offer:
- Comprehensive evaluations and therapy programs for aphasia, apraxia, articulation delay, dysphagia, dysarthria, language delay, stuttering, voice disorders and feeding impairment.
- Hearing evaluations and provide hearing loss solutions, including hearing aids. We also have the capability to perform cochlear implant testing and fittings.
- Perform cochlear implant and bone –anchored implant evaluation and programming.
- Classes for children three and younger who are hard of hearing, so these children can develop effective communication skills.
- Host peer groups to help people develop appropriate language and feeding skills.
- Speech therapy for all ages (15 months to 100+ years).
Services at Astria Sunnyside Hospital
Hearing and speech services available at Astria Sunnyside Hospital include:
- Hearing assessments
- Emergency audiograms
- Evaluation and testing
- Auditory brainstem responding (ABR)
- Otoacoustic evaluation (OAE)
- Newborn audiology treatment and evaluation
Astria Hearing & Speech Center is licensed as part of Astria Sunnyside Hospital and the patient may receive a separate charge for billing for the facility, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.