With advancements in medical technology, cardiologists specializing in interventional cardiology techniques are able to treat patients using minimally invasive procedures that use a catheter (thin, flexible tube) inserted into the arteries. The catheter is guided to the heart to open blocked arteries and improve blood flow. These advanced techniques are a non-surgical alternative to treat many heart conditions.
Areas of expertise include:
- Cardiac catheterization: A thin, flexible tube is guided to the heart to open blocked arteries and improve blood flow.
- Angioplasty: A tiny balloon at the end of a catheter is inflated to push plaque against the wall of the artery to improve blood flow.
- Stent placement: A small mesh tube is placed in an artery to hold it open and improve blood flow.
- Coronary angiography: A catheter fitted with a tiny rotating shaver removes hardened plaque to open a blocked artery.
- Diagnosis of heart rhythm and electrical disorders: Our team uses tests like electrophysiology studies, Holter monitoring and event monitoring.