CalendarBack to calendar
Diabetes Self-Management Education
If you've been recently diagnosed with diabetes, the Diabetes Self-Management Education program is for you. The program is taught by a Registered Nurse and Diabetes Educator and is designed to educate and empower you to manage your diabetes and reduce your risk of stroke, heart failure and other long-term complications. Classes take place at the Astria Health Center - 812 Miller Ave., Suite B, Sunnyside.
During the program, you will learn:
- Information about diabetes.
- The benefits of blood sugar control and the risks of poor blood sugar control.
- Nutrition and how to manage a diet and weight.
- Exercise and blood sugar control.
- Blood sugar testing and monitoring.
- How to prevent, recognize and treat acute and chronic complications from your diabetes.
- Foot, skin and dental care.
- Family involvement and support.
Register Today! Call 509.837.1674